Today is the day Mom will see Jesus.
She commented last monday about how that "wouldn't be so bad" and had just found a note written to her by her grandmother, "ma" where she talked about seeing her in heaven. The wonderful doctors talked with us this morning and praise God for the unity in our decision to take her off the ventilator. They will be giving her morphine now and she won't feel any pain from now through eternity. After learning what the doctors predicted about her "recovery" and knowing the way Pulmonary Fibrosis will progress even if she does recover, we just couldn't imagine that she would want to suffer for weeks or months. Dad is doing OK. He says he will be doing much better than everyone expects because they've been talking about this for a long time. He welcomes visitors, but my own request is just that we try to limit visits to a few minutes at a time. Thank you for your prayers and your compassion and your love for my family. We love and are truly thankful for you. I'm blown away by my sadness, but I know it would be even more devastating to watch her live any longer.
I'll let you know later today about the arrangements we'll make for her funeral.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Oh Shea. I have been checking your blog all morning in hopes of some good news. My eyes are full of tears and my heart is breaking for you as I write this. I'm here to help however you may need. I am going to go pray for all of you now. I am so, so sorry.
Praying for you. I copied your blog entry and put it out on the Wesley Chapel prayer chain. You have so many praying for all of you. The concern from every corner of the church has been amazing. Folks have had Kay and all of you on their minds constantly. We are here for whatever you need.
I've also let the college kids know and they will be heartbroken.
Kay, Mike, Robert, Ryan, Lizzy Shostak and Katie Turner
My heart goes out to you. Your mom is a wonderful person, and we will miss her very much. All our love and prayers are with you.
Misty, Roy, Chyanne, Mikeal, and Elizabeth (Wesley Chapel family)
Oh, friend. I am at a loss but I know that Jesus will meet your mom at the gates of heaven with open arms. What a joyful angel she will be to Him. I am so very sorry for your pain. You guys are always in our hearts and prayers. We love you. xoxo
Dear Shea and Family,
I feel such sadness as I think about what you are going through. I can see Kay's face and hear her voice as I think about her at Wesley Chapel checking in with everyone to see what people need. What a great lady. You are all in my prayers and I thank God for your faith and witness of love to all of us praying for you. Much love to you. Larkin
Dear Shea,
I am terribly sorry to hear this news but praise God that the decision was easy between family members. I loved the first line of your blog entry - Today Mom will see Jesus - what great hope we all have. Your mother was a wonderful woman, I am glad to have known her. Love to your Dad.
Lauren Miller
Dear Shea and family,
Reading this news, my heart is breaking for you and your family and our entire congregation, too. I love you all. Kay will be deeply missed. I can see her face and hear her voice in my mind but greater, I can feel the love and compassion that she shared with us all in my heart. In mourning it is difficult to find celebration. I will strive to rejoice as her hope and faith and love goes with her but know that it will also live on in the one's she has touched. I will perpetuate prayers for your entire family.
With Love,
Ruth Swanson
I am so, so sorry. We love Kay and Larry dearly. What amazing parents you have. They have touched my family deeply, given us great compassion in times of need, and supported us through a couple of tough times. I will never, never forget when your mom told us your dossier was off to Ethiopia, and then just 2 weeks later, the complete look of joy on her face when she announced to us, "We have a baby!" Hearing and watching your adoption story through your mom's eyes has helped us on our adoption journey. How very blessed we have been to have your mom in our lives. We will continue praying for each of you throughout the day and in the coming weeks.
Chris and Chuck Keith
We love all of you and are praying for you. We are all going to miss Kay greatly! She showed such love and caring to everyone. Praise God that she will be with Jesus and won't need the oxygen any longer.
Cindy and Mark Webb
Shea, what a difficult and sad decision that is. I am so sorry, my heart breaks for you and your children to lose your mom and grandma. I am so thankful she will be in the arms of Jesus today. We prayed for your family this morning in bible study even before this news, and I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Michele Bragg
Shea, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Dear Shea,
I am Keith's wife, Holly. I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you and your dear, sweet mom and dad. Your mom was such a blessing to me. We stayed at your home, she gave me material to make a quilt, showed me how to make the quilt, stayed in Ackerman with us...just such a lovely woman. She made bibs for my babies when they were born, and supported the ministry of Student Venture. I love her, and I am so sorry for you. I can't imagine how this must hurt you. When you say that your sadness blows you away, I am so sad for you. I know that God can carry you and your family, one day at a time, through the depths of grief. Love, Holly Ray
Shea, I began attending WCUMC about 15 months ago. Your mom was the first person in the Ladies' SS class to "befriend" me. We chatted about our daughters, and she shared with me the joy she experienced when she knew she was expecting you. I lost my own mother 10 years ago, and like you, had to make the decision to let her go. It was so difficult, but as I watched her suffer, I knew it was the only thing to do. Later, I witnessed her "crossing the Jordan," as I described it. What a relief flooded over me to know that she was at home with the Lord. Please let you dad know that I'm thinking of him and remembering each of you in prayer.
Charlotte Fields
Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers as your sweet mother passes into heaven. Your parents were some of the first people we met when we joined Mountain View 2 years ago, and we have sat behind them in church ever since. They have always been friendly and welcoming to us and made us feel at home at Mountain View. We are here for you in any way you need, and we are praying for you all. Peace to you and your family.
Ann, Paul, Elizabeth, and George Parker
Shea, we are deeply saddened by the loss of your mom. She was a wonderful person. You and your family are in out thoughts and prayers. We love you. The Carlson Family.
Post a Comment