2 weeks ago today was the day mom went into the hospital. 2 weeks ago at 10:05 I was getting ready to try to get some sleep in the recliner in her room while mom coughed and struggled with her breathing all night long. I had probably just finished having the last real conversation I'll have with her here on earth. Tonight she and dad were going to be spending the night at Calloway Gardens with my kids. They had started the tradition of taking them there to look at the christmas lights 2 years ago. I accidently called her cell the other day instead of their home number. So I heard her outgoing message. You just never know when something is going to be "the last" thing. The last conversation, the last lunch together, the last trip, the last laugh, the last hug.
I'm going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm thinking about you today Shea.
oh shea, the last must be so hard, so final, so real. praying for you this moment.
Shea, I can only imagine how you feel. Kay was so young. I wish I could give you a hug for her, but Memphis is so far away.
Shea, I love you so much. I wish you didn't have to hurt. I'm praying for you. Hugs and kisses.
oh, shea. the tears started pouring as i read your heart here. i cannot imagine the loss you feel. i'm so sorry. i love you, shea. i pray Jesus will be your Comforter when no one else or nothing else can.
Dear Shea,
I'm so sorry to learn all this about you and your mom. Kay was a wonderful person, and I know you miss her. I got word through Nancy and Bonnie. I hope you are surrounded by family this Christmas season. Blessings to you and your dad.
Gloria (Wesley Chapel circa 1990)
Shea - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and wish I'd know about the funeral so I could have been there. Your family has been a real blessing in my life, especially Kay. I lost my mom unexpectedly in December when I was 30, so I know how hard it is to face this joyous season with such sorrow in your heart. I thank God everyday that His Christmas gift to us makes an eternal reunion a reality! Love, Bonnie
Shea,
I had a major computer crash and JUST got back all my blog addresses that I read.
I am so sorry about your loss. I cannot imagine the pain that you feel today - a day when you would be spending it with her.
I am praying for you RIGHT NOW.
How amazing is God that he put Katie in your life ...someone that can not only sympathize with you ... but her empathy is one that few can give.
Love you. Merry Christmas.
Shea, I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you today and praying for you and your family.
Post a Comment