Thursday, December 11, 2008

...today

Mom died at about 4:30 this afternoon. We were all there and it was peaceful. We hope to have visitation at Patterson Funeral Home on Old Canton Hwy tomorrow evening and the funeral on Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know the final plans tomorrow morning.

14 comments:

Jon & Sarah said...

Shea,
I'm praying for you. Especially through your night (my day). At night you usually have quiet time to think. My heart breaks for you, yet I am thankful she is with Jesus now! I love you sister.

Sarah Pfeil

Anonymous said...

Shea: We are very sorry for your loss. Again, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Debbie, Roy & Lily Finch

Cathy Walker said...

Shea, Larry, and all,

We are keeping you close in thought and prayer--your mom was, as you know, a special person. We all have such fond memories of special times together those years ago in Raintree Forest. Knowing she is at peace and truly healed will hopefully bring some measure of comfort as will the continuing evidence of the many lives she touched so positively.

We love you all,
Jimmy, Cathy, Jennifer, and Susan

davidf6797 said...

Oh Shea... I just heard. I am so, so sorry. I don't know what to say besides I love you. Know that we are thinking of you and praying for you friend.
Love to you all, Sarah Franklin

Nona said...

Shea,

These verses from II Corinthians 5 sum it up. Your mom is in her heavenly home in her new eternal body (and probably organizing the angels tonight.)

1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit. 6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.


Oh, how I am going to miss Kay but know we will be together again someday.

Kelly and I will see you tomorrow. In the meantime, rest well.
Love, Nona

Julia said...

Shea, I've been reading all along and Jeff just told me what happened. Our prayers are with you and your family. We love you. Julia and Hayden

Unknown said...

Shea, Larry and family,

We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Dan & Mindy Lee

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I'm so sorry. I, too, am attending my mother's funeral tomorrow. Blessings.

tim long said...

Larry, Desiree, Darryl, Brandon, Shea and family

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." - II Cor. 1:3-4

Please remember moment by moment, those wonderful arms of our loving heavenly Father are there to wrap you up and comfort you in a way that only He can. As one song says, "No one ever cared for me like Jesus."

We love you and are praying for you.

Shea, what a beautiful way of saying it, and with such confidence in Christ, "Today mom will be with Jesus." In your pain and loss, you have such a trust in Him! Oh, how wonderful.

Four years ago I lost my parents within twelve days of each other. I have not totally set aside that loss and was not meant to either. But in time of loss God comes and does something for us that only He can.

I'll stop for now. I'm not attempting to preach just sharing from the heart. We would love to come be with you but the church schedule, including a wedding this weekend, does not allow us to do so.

Love in Christ,

Tim, Deborah, Mary, Laura and Sarah Long

P.S. Shea, thanks for mentioning the letter to your mother from her grandmother. How appropriate.

David Sutton said...

We are so saddened by the passing of your mom. Kay was such an encourager for Nan, who is also dealing with lung disease. We take comfort in knowing Kay is now with Christ, and all the pain is taken away. Your entire family, and especially your Dad, Larry, is in our prayers. May God's peace rest upon all of you during this time.

David and Nan

Carolyn Bahr said...

Dear Shea,

I just heard and am so very sorry for your loss. Know you are loved and being prayed for.

Carolyn Bahr

jds said...

shea...

it must be truly wonderful to be with Jesus and know complete peace. and yet, to know your future here will be without your mom... i am praying for your sustainance in the coming days.

much love,

jds

Anonymous said...

Shea, I have been praying for your mom since our talk in the hall. Another testimony to knowing He is present, He is Good, He is loving, but He doesn't do things the way I expect and sometimes it makes me cry and wonder. Today is one of those days. May you rest in His foreknowledge and sovereignty and the knowledge of His great love for you and your family.
Love
Valerie

Location: Berlin, DE said...

Friend, I love you and I am praying for your heart.