Monday, March 2, 2009

2 in school

Emma started 2nd grade at Chabot Elementary today. Leading up to this "big day" I've had conflicting feelings....excited for her because she's so excited. She already knows a couple of girls in her class because they're friends with Caroline. We met her teacher on Friday and she's super capable. I think she's a great teacher and she greeted emma this morning by saying, "This is going to be a great day, emma! We've been waiting for you!" So sweet.
But oh my, what am I going to do with just 2 kids at home? So far, I've dropped Caleb off at a friend's house and Eli is watching a Baby Songs video while I'm typing this. Good mommy, right? I'm hoping to do fun preschoolish things with Caleb like painting and playdoh and go to story time at the library and play at parks. It's been a while since we've done that kind of stuff. Also, I'm going to plant a garden. Maybe tomorrow we'll go and buy little kid-sized tools for Caleb to use.
But today, caleb has a check up at his new pediatrician's office which he doesn't know about yet. I'm going to sneak up on him about it. He did hear me make the appointment and started yelling, "I DON"T WANT AN APPOINTMENT! NO APPOINTMENTS!!!!" Eric is working from home today so while I"m gone with caleb I'll let eli take a nap since eric's home. I'll take Caleb out for a treat afterwards, probably.

In case you moms of babies are interested, my kids favorite and most "trance inducing" video we've ever had for our toddlers was the one I ordered because the kiddos I used to babysit for in college loved it so much. it's called "Baby Songs: Baby's Busy Day" with kids and babies "acting out" the songs about their daily routines. The songs are by Hap Palmer. Cheesy, yes....and probably like 15-20 years old....but it does the trick every time.
Alright, the video's over. see ya!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea: I'm really excited for you guys. I'm glad to hear you are getting settled. I bet you will love so many things about California. Hey, are you on facebook? It's great and addictive, too!

Mark Salcedo said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Shea! Please tell Eric hello for me.

Tiffany said...

Hey Shea! We're feeling the big "Gilberts aren't here anymore" hole in our life, but is so nice to read your blog...makes you seem not so far away. I'm bad about phone calls, but will try to do better. It is nice to hear that the girls love school, but yes, what adjustment for you. You are a wonderful mommy and your kids are so blessed.

Our Side of the Mountain said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I know Emma's teacher will think she is the sweetest, smartest 2nd grader ever!!! Please give her a hug from me!! Also, I need your address, please!! Thanks & love to all of you!!