Wellllllll......we're here.
I'll get right to the FAQ's.......
The kids are all doing very well. We are enrolling Audrey in the local public elementary school probably on Tuesday. She is super excited to go to Kindergarten and I've met the principal. I feel good about the decision. There is a waiting list for 2nd grade, so emma won't be able to enroll right now. I was so encouraged by her enthusiasm on audrey's behalf. She said, "Audrey-I went to school last year and this year, you get to go!" We're going to make a list of some things she'd like to explore here in San Fran and try to do one a week. I'll make her school kind of revolve around these activities each week.
One thing I've noticed is that hardly anyone has 4 kids here, so I'm getting lots of comments and questions about the number of children flocking around me. People have been so nice and welcoming so far.
Some things I've already changed.....
1. I'm carrying around reusable bags for purchases....groceries, library books, farmers market stuff, gifts...whatever. You gotta have a reusable bag in Berkeley.
2. The kids all now have the over-priced stainless steel water bottles. Also a must-have.
3. 3 garbage containers in my kitchen and driveway....one for garbage (the small one), one for recycle, and one for "green" things for the compost pickup.
4. You HAVE to stop your car BEFORE the crosswalk because you just might hit someone if you stick your front end out. People WALK and they have the right of way so they just start walking, whether you see them or not. It's challenging to drive b/c I'm constantly afraid I'm going to hit someone.
That's just a few tidbits.....I actually have to sign out now b/c Katie is picking me up at the library to take me home since she was around the corner and it's raining now.
We're so happy but I am still pretty sad to have left all I know. We miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Shea: Happy you are getting settled. You sound excited. I bet you'll be very happy there.
SO happy to hear from you! I'm checking on you daily ...so, don't be a stranger.
Give Kates a hug for me.
xo
HH
I have a lot of reusable shopping bags that I don't remember to use, since it's not that popular in GA...do you need more? I can mail them to you :) Love you!!!
We are so happy that you guys are settling in and getting comfy. Enjoy the adventure!
Love, Sherry & Rob
Love you guys.
Good Luck with your upcoming Adventures in Crossing the Street!
Janet and Darin
So glad to hear you guys made it safe! Enjoy CA!
Shea - We had the same experience with potentially hitting pedestrians in CA. I bet the number of pedestrian accidents is much higher there. You'd think they'd realize that no matter what the law says, the car wins every time. It's scary.
Yea! Glad it's going well. So glad I got your blog before you guys took off. Hope your house sells soon!!!
we miss you
Post a Comment