Thursday, January 29, 2009

moving


I know I need to post our "official" plans for moving so here it goes....
we're spending yesterday and today (thursday) packing and the movers come tomorrow (that's the 30th). We'll fly out next week all together. This process is so bittersweet. My amazing friends have already shown up to help with everything, yesterday packing almost the entire house. Eli has croup, so I was up making sure he was still breathing several times and at 5 I just decided to get up because there were so many things on my mind I needed to take care of.
Our family at Perimeter has sent us off so sweetly. We will miss worshiping with you and doing life with you week in and week out.
The California house is so cute! I just saw pictures of it for the first time the other day and I think we're going to be really happy there. Amazingly, this 5 bedroom/2 1/2 bath house became available right as we began looking for a house to rent while Mom was in the hospital. All the other houses that were in our price range were 3 bedrooms, which is fine for our family, but when we have guests it will be so nice to have extra space. It's close to the church, groceries, library, COFFEE, bookstores, etc and also close to Katie and Bart and another staff member at Christ Church. By close, I mean it's within walking distance.
Our friend Brent took some pics of the baby the other day and I'll attach one here because it's on my desktop. I also have new ones of the rest of the family but I have to get them on this computer before I can post them. :) I'm slow at doing that.
Hey-if you're reading Pretty Please sign my guest book so I can keep in touch with you! If you don't have an account, it's really easy to create one.

We'll have the same cell numbers for a while, BTW

11 comments:

Sarah Arp said...

Hi Shea and Eric,
I love reading your blog and I wish you all the luck and blessings that God has in store for you in California. It's amazing how fast children adapt to new surroundings. We moved a lot when our children were small so I know how you feel. Both excited and anxious I imagine. Just know that we love you and want you to keep in touch. I know God has great things in store for you in California. Love to all.
Sarah, FBC McCaysville

Amy Beard said...

Shea! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you are up to these days. I hope the move goes well & I was praying for you during your hard time with your mom. It's great to "see" you again & see what all God is doing in your life! Good luck!
Amy Blankenship Beard

Tanya said...

We certainly know what it is like to pick up your life and move. May God give you strength and joy as you make this huge transition. Love you so very much!
Tanya

Elizabeth said...

Hey Shea! What a beautiful pict of Eli! I hope that the move is as uneventful as possible! We will have to become "blog friends"! I hope Eli gets well soon. So sorry it didnt work out for me to keep him. We will certainly miss your impact at Perimeter. I know that God is going to do really cool things through you guys in California! Here is my blog:
http://ethanandelizabethwatson.blogspot.com/
Enjoy the beautiful sunshine next week! And the warm weather!!

Janet, Atlanta said...

Shea and Eric -
It is impossible to express just how much you will be missed! I am excited for you in every way, as you venture forward upon the Lord's path and plan for your lives. Shea - thanks for letting me help you launch the Kids Choir. Eric - special thanks for leaving us with your dynamic arrangement of A Mighty Fortress; I will especially think of the Gilberts whenever we sing it. Many many blessings!
Janet Lombardo

The Cogbills said...

Good lucky, lady. Sounds like everything is perfect in California and the flight will probably be the scariest part. =) That, you can handle. Take care. Have fun. We'll talk soon.

Kristin said...

I should have know Brent took that picture. It's great!! I'm trying to plan my trip so I can visit church on Sunday.

Our Side of the Mountain said...

I'm so glad you gave me your blog address and am praying for your move and transition. We have a lot in common and I hope to continue to keep in touch. I have a blog as well, if you are interested it's listed in my profile. Take care!
-Brittany

amybeth said...

praying for you as you move- and so very jealous that you get to be with my sweet katie. give her (and the girls) hugs from me!

Heather said...

i am so glad to get the update! so happy about the house ..wow, God works, huh?

i'm glad that we will get to stay in touch this way. Give sweet Katie a hug for me ...

xo
HH

Unknown said...

I just got back from Target. And sadly, I knew I wouldn't run into you there :-(
I know you'll make many new Target parking lot friends, but in the meantime please add me to your list of fans who want to keep up with your adventures. And tell my favorite ballerina I miss her like crazy and love her like meat loves salt!
Love to all,
Eleanor