We FINALLY got our internet service yesterday! It's been a long 2 1/2 weeks but I've read a lot, gone to sleep earlier than normal and in some ways it's been nice to not have my computer around to take up my time.
Audrey's enjoying Kindergarten....she's painting and pretending and making new friends. I'm trying to adjust without here here every day. We miss her. One of us walks her to school by 8:40 and she gets out at 2:50. Not terrible, but I still miss her.
Emma's doing great with homeschooling. She has a good attitude about it even though she wishes she was in public school now. We went to a museum yesterday about all the "systems" (circulatory, respiratory, etc)
Caleb is also adjusting well. Today he had his first playdate with Dillon, who's family goes to our church. Jen, his mom, is also awesome and it's been fun getting to know her.
Eli is BUSY...just like always.
Eric's settling in to his job I think.....working from a home "office" is an adjustment. The contrast between the environment here and his Atlanta job is unbelievable.
I am doing well some days and I'm a mess on others. Today it's sunny and that seems to help a ton. The kids have been happy and generally not that whiney because they've had friends to play with today. Eli had a long nap......talked to my dad on Skype this afternoon too. So all my circumstances were favorable today therefore my attitude was decent. Hmmmm....the days when things don't go "my way" are pretty dark.
Coffee generally makes things better. Eric pointed out to me the other day that having a "luke-warm, half-full" cup of coffee in the room with me makes me a happier person. First I was surprised that he said that....then I was impressed that he noticed because I think it's probably true, but I've never realized it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a great update. Isn't it nice to be able to appreciate the days when things go our way...
I wish I would have called you while you were at the museum! That's where I always picture the super smart home schooling moms and kids to be...at the museum or at the library.
Hug all those cute kids for us.
Love you!
Miss you!
I smiled as I caught up reading your blog with a half full luke-warm cup of coffee...
Great pics. Thanks for the call last week.
Love the pics. Glad you are all well. The kids are really growing up. Had a great talk with your dad last week. Love you all!
so glad to hear that things are good ... and bad. wouldn't be able to appreciate the good w/out the knowledge of the bad. (?)
learning that myself here.
hope you start to have more good days than bad ...
now, go getcha a cup of coffee....
xo
HH
Hey Shea!! So thankful for your blog and facebook page!! THe pictures are fantastic!! Please give Emma a hug from me!! Tell her that we pray for her in discipleship each week and today we talked about how much we all miss her!!! Love and miss you all!!
Leslie
Post a Comment