Thursday, April 17, 2008

Update

Hi friends, sorry no post for a few days. Sometimes there is no electricity and then yesterday, when we had electricity, the computer broke. There's a saying...."This is Africa".
I have to say, I'm looking forward to coming back to ethiopia. The people are incredibly hospitable and kind. The families we are with (also adopting with CWA) are great new friends. All of this, but still we can't wait to get on that plane! We miss our children a ton and can't wait for Tesfamlak to see them and the rest of the family and friends. Our flight is a brief 18 HOURS from Addis to DC. We're leaving Friday night at 10ish and we arrive in atlanta on Saturday at 2:23 pm. About 24 hours.
Something else significant about our trip is that both Eric and I have been sick. Eric was sick starting in the middle of the night on Wednesday morning and I started getting sick last night before bed. It's been nasty but I think we're on the mend. We've had to change some sightseeing plans. I went by myself shopping with the baby and another family yesterday and today eric went to a cathedral and to the National Museum (to see "lucy") today by himself...well, with the driver/tourguide. I can't even summarize our trip....i don't know where to start. Maybe I'll work backwards after I get home. By the way, the baby's name is going to be (drumroll, please.....) Elijah Tesfamlak Gilbert. We will probably still call him Tesfam (nannies would sometimes shorten it like this) or Tasfamlak along with Eli for a while while we get used to it. Tesfam means Hope and Amlak means God. "My hope is in God", we are told. He is beautiful.
See you all soon!

3 comments:

amybeth said...

I am so excited for yall. I can't wait to see a picture of your complete family. I know the kids are so anxious to meet their little brother. We will be praying for the plane ride!

hayden said...

That is the sweetest name! I really can't wait to see him and to hug you when you get back! Praying for a safe return and no more sickness!!!

Location: Berlin, DE said...

So, so happy! Post a pick of the new family when you can!! xoxo