Oh my. I don't often have days like this one anymore. (since the kids are getting older) This afternoon Caleb was sleeping in his room (so I thought) and Emma was reading on the couch. Audrey was at a friend's house playing. I was having a great conversation with MY FRIEND NIKKI. (she has an awesome blog you'll find a link to on the left side of my blog) So nikki is a dear, dear friend whom I known and loved ever since the 9th grade when we were so AWFUL at running track that we SHARED A LANE running the 400 one time. She happens to be African American and so we've had great, soul-searching conversations over the last year or so about me and Eric adopting an Ethiopian child. Today I was exploring the depths of my racist...or maybe not-so-racist....heart. Wondering if I'm cut out to raise a black son. (she did say I'm thinking about it more than any other 31 year old white lady she knows....thanks friend) So pretend you're right there with me in my kitchen.
I sigh as I tell her good-by because it's always so refreshing to talk to her....it's "life-giving" to me. She's encouraging and such a good friend to me and I miss her b/c she lives in Germany. A perfect way to spend an hour on my Thursday afternoon. But I have to get off the phone because I'm about to be late for Children's choir. I need to get there earlier than I normally do b/c I've got lots to prepare today. Emma already has her shoes on and our dinner is packed in a cooler....everything is by the door so I can just run up and grab caleb out of bed and put him in the car and go get audrey and head to church. I climb the stairs and smell something.....No....it can't be poop I'm smelling....oh no it is.......CALEB WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!
I'll tell you what he had been doing. He doesn't wear a pull-up to nap time anymore b/c he doesn't ever have accidents (I thought) during the day. So he had an accident and pooped in his underwear. His sheets are wet down to the mattress, then I think he tried to take off his pants off and tracked poop from his bed all the way across his bedroom, hall and into the bathroom. THEN he SAT on the toilet, getting it all over the toilet. THEN he climbed up onto the counter (oh yes....poop all over the stool, cabinet, counter and sink) I walked in and he screamed like a girl. He said, "Don't say, 'why didn't you tell me?'" He had the water on, trying to clean himself up secretly. It looked like he had brown pants on. That's how dirty he was. I'm freaking out because #1 it's gross and #2 I'm really going to be late. I put him in the tub and have emma start spraying carpet cleaner all over the spots on the floor. (She didn't know what to think b/c on one hand she wanted to act like it was so discusting but on the other hand she lOVED the fact that I was letting her spray the dangerous chemical) So I cleaned up the bathroom, got him cleaned up and dressed and striped the sheets from the bed.......I got them in the car. Everyone's ready. "Where are my keys????????" I couldn't find my keys. I looked for like 20 minutes which seemed like an hour. I told emma to call eric while she was waiting in the car. When I came out one time she had already finished leaving a message for eric and I heard her telling the poop story to someone else! I finally tore her away from the phone long enough for her to tell me she had called Aunt Cheryl (eric's mom's sister, in case you didn't know)! I never did get to talk to Cheryl after that. I should call her.
FINALLY I found my keys. Of course they were in my purse but in a pocket I never put my keys in and I really think I had looked there 3 times before finding them. I was so late for choir but eric stopped what he was doing and made copies for me and did some other things......Turned out to all be just fine. But what a pain. Kids......
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG! I love your Caleb poop stories..what a nightmare, but what tales you've already accumulated to tell at his rehearsal dinner. This had me laughing out loud. Classic.
I love you, too, white lady.
xoxo
Ahh, yes, MOTHERHOOD. It is the most rewarding thing, while at the same time, the most frustrating and irritating thing you can do!
I slipped over to your blog via Nikki's blog.
Ok- this is one of the BEST poop stories I've ever heard! HOW HILARIOUS! Poor Caleb- I can just picture this poor little being trying to make it to the sink!
PRICELESS!
Post a Comment