Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I've got just 30 minutes

Super Why is a preschool show on PBS which strangly resembles Little Einsteins......I hate to say it but it seems a little like a rip off. Anyway, Audrey and Caleb LOVE it. They only show about 5 episodes, total so they have most of them memorized. From 8:00-8:30 this morning, they are watching tv so in 30 minutes I can: fix myself some toast and coffee, clean up the kitchen from breakfast, put up 1 load of laundry and throw another one in, check the emails I've received since 10pm and post this blog entry. I have 3 minutes left.
Wanted to give the update that we have a court date in Ethiopia on March 18th. After that, he's ours :) and they will give us an embassy date. It is usually about 3 weeks after the court date. So it looks like we could possibly be traveling the 2nd week in April, which happens to be our spring break.....that would be perfect.
We received an update yesterday. The baby is growing, eating, interacting and sleeping well, apparently. He weighs 4.5 kg now which is an improvement from 3 kg at 3 1/2 months. He'll be 5 months tomorrow (time is flying) and that is about 9 1/2 or 10 pounds. So our little baby is gaining weight.
Still haven't decided on a name.....I knew that would be the next question. Everyone asks. We'll be keeping his Ethiopian name for his middle name and we may give him another american middle name in addition to a first name. Our other kiddos have a Gilbert or Dewberry family middle name and so we're deciding if we should give him 2 middle names because of that.
Thanks for keeping up with us and praying for us. We appreciate it and need your support!!!!

2 comments:

hayden said...

Shea! Hayden told me about your blog, I'm so excited! Come over and visit me at wreyford.blogspot.com

Location: Berlin, DE said...

YAAAAAYYYY! I am so, so, so excited for you and Eric and the kids and the baby! This is awesome news. God is really working. Gosh, April will be here in no time. Love you, xoxo