Yesterday afternoon we received a voice mail from our case manager at CWA (Christian World Adoption-the agency we're with) saying that she had a possible referral for us to consider. We immediatly wanted to call her back and hear more. Thankfully, I was working yesterday so eric and I were both at the church together. We talked to her on speaker and then she sent us the description, pictures and medical info for a beautiful 3 1/2 month old boy. We were so overwhelmed and SHOCKED because we JUST sent in our dossier. We totally didn't expect this so soon. He has been very sick with E. Coli and other intestinal problems and was just released from the hospital. At 3 1//2 months, he only weighs about 6 1/2 pounds. (To date, my lightest baby at BIRTH was 7 lb. 9 oz!)
We've faxed the information to our pediatrician and I think we both feel like as long as he's well enough to make the trip over to the US, we'll accept the referral. I'm anxious about talking to my pediatrician so I'm fighting the desire to call every hour to find out why she isn't calling.
Right now, I don't know our timeline. We thought we had not recieved our CIS approval form yet (which has to be in our hands when we travel and takes 2-4 months to get) but then I found it! From talking to my case manager, it seemed like that was the big obsticle so now since I already have it, I hope that means we can travel soon.
I'm not allowed to post his pictures because he's still an Ethiopian citizen and apparently that's a big "no no".....but if you could see him.......he's got amazing beautiful brown eyes and he has more hair than any of my other kids had on their 1st birthday. The hardest thing for me to see in the picture is his expression. These pictures were taken before he went into the hospital. He's grimmacing and looks like he's been crying. It's obvious he's uncomfortable. Our agency has asked them to send new pictures so we can see if he looks like he's in better health. They say he's putting on weight. That's the other thing. His tiny little leg is showing in the picture and he's so thin. But he has on a little white button up collared shirt. A little man. I can't stop looking at the pictures... I've gotten hardly anything done today and had to run to Publix and get frozen pizza for dinner b/c I just couldn't think of anything to make. My heart is in Africa.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh shea that is so exciting!! i would love to see a picture of your new little one. i can't believe it happened so fast. tues. will mark two years on our adoption journey- and there is no end in sight for us.
i am so excited for yall. please post a picture soon!!
(we are using cwa as well)
aww, friend. this post made me well up with tears. you're praying that you and your little african heart are united soon.
Great news to come into this morning! This made my day. Bran
Shea, I can't believe it!! That is SO SO fast - AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you hear from your pediatrician soon soon soon.
VA
SHEA!!
I'm so excited for your family! What incredible news to get so quickly- the Lord is definitely in this!
I know it must be hard knowing that your baby is so far away- please know that the Skipworth family will start praying for that sweet baby & for you guys, too!
Do you have a name for him yet?
I can't wait to see pics of him!
I wish that i could jump in the car & come visit you!! We're now living in Sumter, SC which is about 4 hrs. from Atlanta- we love it, but it is hard at times to be so far away from family & friends!
Look forward to hearing more exciting news from you as your family continues to grow!
Love you guys!
Cindy Skipworth
Post a Comment