I only have a minute before I need to start getting ready to go to work. (plus I left the lights on inside my car last night and now the battery's dead, so my neighbor's coming over in a minute)
Well, we talked to the pediatrician and she thought that the medical information looked OK. Her main concern for him was that he had lost so much weight. So we decided to wait and have the orphanage send some new measurements and photos. We received them last night and he looks SO much better! He's even smiling in one picture. Eric and I agree that he doesn't even look like the same baby. Even though he was so skinny, my dr. said that his head circumfrance, height and weight were all below the 3rd %....so it's good that he is proportional.
We're very excited and will call the agency today to accept the referral!
Thank you for all your emails! I've read each one of them even if I haven't had a chance to respond to everyone.
Yesterday we swapped Caleb for his cousin, Aidan. The kids are in heaven! Currently Audrey and Aidan (also 4) are "crafting" and I'm sure Caleb's on the farm with Asher this morning wrestling some baby goats.
Off to teach some piano lessons!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i want some pictures!!!! so glad to hear that he looked better. i know it is hard to not be there with him.
Awesome, Shea!
I toured Awassa using Google Earth yesterday. There are a couple of good photos of Lake Awassa. It's a beautiful place.
He's in Addis right now, though? Is that where you'll pick him up?
All our love,
Brandon
This post caught my eye b/c we have an Audrey and an Aiden. We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia and, of course, will need another A name and Asher is one that we have thought of. And I've always thought I was original... :-)
Post a Comment